An Interrogation - Bound and (T)agged!

It was raining and I was just strolling around the pavement, looking at all the people around me, taking in some fresh air. Night had descended and there was a sense of eeriness all around. I reached the town hall and looked at the old building. On it`s old yellow board in front of the building were scrawled in proud red letters, the words "The Town Hall of the Blogosphere".

I smiled, and moved on. As I turned around the corner, I was tapped on my shoulder. With a sense of fear and anticipation, I turned back, but was immediately pushed against the black brick wall. There were two of them. One I identified as the Activist and another as the Philosopher. They dragged me up to a tall black tower, and told me that they would now perform the ceremony. I was shivering with fear and cold. They then started to recite the blogger`s chant and after a gruelling hour, they turned towards me with an axe like weapon in their hands. They told me, it was now time for the interrogation. I numbly nodded my head. They said they would ask the cursed 13 questions and then I was free to go. Now there.. this sudden glimmer of hope seemed to sustain me and I sat upright.
"Ahem..", remarked the activist. He and the philosopher clapped hands. "The first question!", they jointly thundered.
.
1. Are you happy/satisfied with your blog, with its content and look? Does your family know about your blog?
Yes, I am, The blog has been a great source of rejuvenation and has also helped me make several friends. I am not good at designing a template, but compensate for that by posting more pictures. My family knows about my blog and they are pretty much happy about it.
.
"Not bad", remarked the philosopher. " Now tell me Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing?
I am not embarrassed by my blog. Lot of friends do tease me about it, but never has it really embarrassed me, atleast so far.
.
Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts?
Yes, I started concentrating more on my writing style and also in a way increased my love for nature and the world. I am very thankful for that.
.
Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself?
I do both. Discovering makes me very happy, I generally use blogrolls to go around. The activist, seemed to be sharpening his weapon.. I shuddered.!
.
What does visitors counter mean to you? Do you care about putting it in your blog?
Visitors counter is like a morale booster for me. I use it to make myself happy. I also visit my own blog a number of times, so I might be cheating there. The philosopher glared at me with menacing eyes. I bowed my head down.
.
Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
I imagine a lot! I think about all of them, whosoever do not have a profile pic of their own. I like it when there is this anonymity, leaving much to imagination.
.
Admit. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging?
The activist, seemed to be getting impatient!. Yes there is, I muttered. For the many lone free thinkers out there, blogging is a kind of genuine freedom, where for once they can just allow their minds to wander and pen their thoughts, without any hindrance. That is why I also support freedom of speech for bloggers whole heartedly.
.
Do you think that bloggers society is isolated from real world or interacts with events?
In a way, yes it is! A blogger`s society is an idealistic society where everyone is honest, about their thoughts, deeds and actions. Everyone has genuine concern for the others in this society. There is no hardship, killing or poverty, and people without basic needs never become bloggers, so we never know. Yes the ways of the world and trials of the people cast a great influence on the blogger society and vice versa.
.
Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it’s a normal thing?
Criticism, is something I like. I like it when it is constructive and helps me improve my thinking and writing. I however abhor people who are not frank about it and post anonymous rude comments.
.
Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
No! I dont fear them. However i have not yet been to any political blog, anything which has remotely made me afraid or intimidated of them. Because be it whatever political outfit, I believe i have a lot of questions for them, which they will find hard to answer.
.
Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
Both of them seemed to be getting angrier and I was sort of thrown back at this question. I will be shocked if they are arrested just for blogging like I do. But if they are being arrested for using blogging to bring upon harm and unrest, then NO!, please arrest them and do what is necessary. I am not going to get shocked!. The philosopher seemed to almost let out a smile. I heaved a sigh!
.
Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die?
Oh! No.. Was this what he was smiling about?, I wondered. I have an understanding with my friends and family members that they should let all my blogger friends know about my death in case it happens! They were still frowning. Oh! God, please help me.
.
What do you like to hear? What’s the song you might like to put a link to in your blog?
"A funeral song..!", I thought to myself. "What is it!", screamed both of them.
I would like to put a link to "It`s My Life", by Bon Jovi on my blog, My favourites would be classical songs, with a lot of veena or violin thrown in. They really soothe me.
.
"Are you pleading for life ?", asked the activist. "Yes, I am", I replied with a pale face and cold hands.. They looked at each other and mightily laughed. Your time is done, my son. You may leave now, they said. I thanked god and clambered down the tower and ran home in the rain. At the top of the tower, I could still see two men laughing aloud!

Comments

Alex said…
Awesome buddy! I loved it. Ingenious. Very adroit, i must say.

But, i have a slight disagreement when you posit that all bloggers are honest, though the tendency to be honest is definitely more.
Scoot said…
WOw!this is what you call true entertainment.
every other tag which was taken up was done in the same way,u just chose to do it your style and that's truly entertaining
keep it sri :)
srijithunni said…
@Alex: THanks my friend, for your kind comments and for tagging me in the first place..:) and you are right some bloggers might be dishonest about themselves, but like you said atleast the tendency is there, so i was just making an assumption I guess.

@Maya : Maya, it`s so heartening to see you back in here.. I thought you had forgotten me :(
Hope you are back in full form :)
and thanks for your great words of support
Alex said…
I second Maya; it truly is entertaining, in a novel way. :)
Priya said…
This is one of the best Unni of all tags I loved from you:-))

Beautiful song by Bon Jovi and my favorite too..
Hey.....Koffee with karan??
Nice answers
LERA said…
very interesting Interrogation...:)
Nishikanth N said…
Srijith, this is the best one i have read from your blog. From where do u get such imagination. Its mind boggling.
Thanks for writing such blogs.
Unknown said…
fascinating and honest answers! I too have this tag to attend to since eternity, and am not getting the time... gosh, I'm so busy!
Absolutely cool! :-)

The picturisation was brilliant man! The activist loved it.... :-)
passerby55 said…
hi Srijith

Tags when handled this way, are three cheers from me.

I enjoy them. One because you thoroughly enjoy experimenting it and secondly, it creates a wonderful world around you.

The Activist, I have read on couple of occasions. I need to check this Philosopher. Well, the activist is capable of doing such , i agree. *smiles at Sreejith*

hey, this song It's my life with veena and voilin...hmm sounds a good fusion west and east. I Would love to hear this one.

This tag took me to an old CLint Eastwood film. BANg BAng, cigars, guns, horses, and a thrilling interrogation in a country bar.

btw. Srijith don't give up you never know when, who from the back door comes and saves you!

As Usual, well written with a woaw touch to it.
Ardra said…
srijtih,
that was a novel way of doing the tag- very creative- and enjoyed reading it- getting to know you a bit more, and btw,I’ve done the same one.
rgds
ardra
Re: Passerby55

Smiles to you too! I enjoyed that comment! :-)
Marutham said…
Cool post..

Felt like reading a novel.. :) Very well writeen & imagined ;)

Cheers!!
srijithunni said…
@Priya:Thanks priya.. Thankful to you for your continued support..! :)

@Scribblez:Yeah sort of like that.:) Thanks..!

@Lera: Nice to know that it was interesting.. Thanks!

@Nishi:Thanks a lot to you too. I just felt like putting it this way to make it more spicy.. I could access your profile.. Could you please share your URL.

@Gaurav:Thanks :) Yeah I understand you haven`t been much active and neither myself. Looking forward to read your posts, once you`re free.

@Sreejith:Hi Activist.. Nice to know that you loved.. it.. I was worried about how it would be taken.. THank God.. ;)

@passerby55:Thanks for your enthusiastic comments.. Yeah the activist is capable.. *grin* Happy that you enjoyed reading it..

@priyankari:Thanks a lot..! :) Do come back!

@ardra:Me too.. getting to know you more.. Thanks for stopping to comment.

@Marutham:Thanks Marutham..! for always being right there..!
chitra said…
Excellent and a novel way to tag the tag.

Enjoyed reading every bit of it.
Kamalesh R S said…
One of its kind :-)
srijithunni said…
@Chitra: Thanks for your compliment..! Happy to know that you enjoyed it..!

@Kamalesh : Thanks a lot!

Popular Posts