What I would have liked to do...


At times, life is different. We search for something, we yearn something, but what we are and what we get in the end, is not what we ever imagined or thought we would get. I have recently been reading "Eleven Minutes" by Paulo Coelho, in which there was an interesting observation about life. It says Life is a roller coaster, we get on to it, because we are excited by it, we desire the excitement and feeling of adventure, but once we get on to it, we are afraid and pray that the ride may stop, Our sense of adventure just vanishes into thin air.

Life is not adventurous, until we desire it to be so, and if it is to remain so, we need to be determined to live life, the way it comes, without succumbing to the inner calls of the heart to take a step backward. Life is made up of decisions and these decisions are the turning points of our life.
And yet, to make a decision, especially in the event of the risks and losses being close to the heart is a herculean task of the mind. We are... what we want to be. But to decide or take a step backward and take a step in a different direction, is what we do most often so as to not upset what we feel is a safe life, till that particular moment.
'The Road Not Taken' is a famous poem by Robert Frost, in which he talks about how he chose, the road less travelled, a rather very philosophical viewpoint of life in it`s whole.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
-I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Life shall be different for those who dare and yet, the truth is, it is not often possible to dare, it is often not practical, in our simple lives to take the road less travelled.
But, again hope is never lost and there is always a little more time, before we dissolve into the elements, a little time, before the mind loses control over the body and we can always make the best to branch out in some way to the destination.
As Lord Alfred Tennyson reveals in his poem Ulysses.
As though to breath were life. Life piled on life
Were all too little, and of one to me
Little remains: but every hour is saved
It is in knowledge, that our lives become adventurous. It is in the sharing of this knowledge, that we gain importance and as long as you are willing to learn and unlearn and learn again, life`s roller coaster ride is no more far, no more scary.
What I missed, I do not know;
What I need, I do not see;
What I lose, I am in fear
What I gained, I have not lost
Where I will go and why...
Life is a long even road.
But before I reach town,
I can jump and roll and rant
and feel the sky;
Before I reach my town,
Let me look back at life.
Let me take a detour;
Let me have fun.
For, reach I will...
Let me do what I would;
Have liked to do...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

Popular Posts